Vilka naturreservat i Stockholms län har du besökt? I samband…
Pikes lurk just beneath the surface of Lake Stora Envättern - and you may just happen to see one! The water here is crystal-clear due to the low nutrient content in the lake.
Ospreys are a common sight over the lake and black-throated loons breed here. The old pristine forest around the lake is rich in dead wood and rare fungi.
Explore the forest paths or hike the Sörmlandsleden trail along the north side of the lake. Finish the day with a hot meal prepared at one of the fire pits.
Activities And Facilities
- Nature reserve
By bus: The closest public transit is in Järna, about 15 km from the reserve. For current information on bus routes and schedules, see SL.se
By car: Drive west on Route E20 from Södertälje for about 10 km. Exit on the left at Nykvarnsavfarten and drive south towards Järna. After 7 km, exit on the right towards Gnesta. After 6 km, you will pass a narrow bay at Lake Yngern, Yngsviken bay. Proceed about 600 m before taking a right at the sign "Naturreservat", onto a small gravel road. After about 1.1 km, just before you reach a gate, take a left and drive about 600 m to the parking lot. It is also possible to hike to the reserve via the Sörmlandsleden trail from Yngsviken bay. There is a parking lot and section information about the Sörmlandsleden trail.
In order to protect the Stora Envättern nature reserve, please respect the following rules.
Within the reserve, it is forbidden to:
- destroy or damage rock, soil or stone by drilling, cutting, blasting, carving, digging, painting or similar,
- break branches, fell or in any other way damage living or dead trees and bushes, or damage the vegetation in general by digging up plants, such as shrubs, herbaceous plants, mosses, lichens or remove fungi growing on wood,
- disturb wildlife (e.g. by climbing nesting trees, trapping or killing mammals, birds, reptiles or amphibians),
- trap and collect invertebrates,
- bring dogs that are not on a leash,
- camp for more than two consecutive nights,
- make a fire outside of designated sites,
- put up a message board, placard, poster, sign or make inscriptions,
- operate motorised vehicles or bicycle off-road.
Länsstyrelsen i Stockholm