In the 1870s and 80s, Tjurkö was the centre of large-scale quarrying in Blekinge. Small private quarries were common but here on Tjurkö operations were run on an industrial scale early on. The man behind the industry was Franz Herman Wolff. A former German fortification engineer, he came to Blekinge’s eastern archipelago in 1862 to buy quarrying rights.
A marked walk runs through the area passing several structures and memorials from the days of the quarry. The whole circular route is about 1.5 km long. Note: The path is not accessible by people with disabilities.
Source: Blekinge Museum
Activities And Facilities
372 36 Ronneby