Bornsjön - The Vällingestigen trail
- County: Stockholms län
- 6631.07 km away from you
- Length 0.7 km
A short, beautiful path that takes you along the northern shore of Lake Bornsjön. There are two picnic areas with grills along the trail.
Activities And Facilities
- Near parking
By public transit: Take bus 708 from the Hallunda subway station or the Rönninge commuter rail station to the Norsborgsvägen bus stop. From there, walk 5 km to the trail.
See current information about public transit at: [sl.se] (http://sl.se/en)
By car: Take the E4/E20 from Stockholm towards Södertälje and take the exit at Tumba/Alby. Continue towards Södertälje on Gamla Södertäljevägen road to get to the reserve. If you are coming from the south, you can choose the exit towards Salem/Rönninge and turn left under the E4 into the reserve. You can park at the small parking lot by the eastern trailhead or at the Home Guard Combat School by the western trailhead.
In order to protect the Bornsjön nature reserve, please respect the following rules.
Within the reserve, it is forbidden to:
- destroy or damage permanent natural structures or surfaces by drilling, cutting, blasting, carving, painting or similar,
- break branches, fell or in any other way damage living or dead trees and bushes, damage the vegetation in general by digging up shrubs, herbaceous plants, grasses, mosses or lichens,
- operate motorised vehicles (including snow scooters) outside of designated roads,
- deliberately disturb wildlife (e.g. by climbing nesting trees or rock in close proximity to dens, trapping and killing mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians),
- camp or park a caravan, motorhome or similar for more than two consecutive nights in the same place (note that this ban is not intended to restrict or complicate HVSS's educational activities; exceptions may be allowed after consultation with the nature conservation manager),
- bicycle outside of designated roads, trails and areas,
- rock climb with climbing rope, or similar activities,
- arrange organised orienteering competitions or training activities, races or similar, without prior consultation with the nature conservation manager (note that large activities with 100+ participants, designated start/finish areas and parking require permission from the County Administrative Board),
- conduct organised camp activities without prior consultation with the nature conservation manager,
- organise rally competitions or similar without prior consultation with the nature conservation manager,
- moor or anchor a boat for more than two consecutive nights in the same place,
- put up a sign, message board, placard, poster or similar, with the exception of informational signs used for area management.
Please note that Lake Bornsjön and the surrounding area is a water protection area, which entails that access to the lake is forbidden according to area regulations (by decision of the County Administrative Board, 2006-11-28).
Länsstyrelsen i Stockholm
Questions & Answers
Ask a question to other Naturkartan users.