- Length 4.2 km
This 1 km hiking trail takes you along a high ridge and out to the end of the headland. The trail is more easily walkable along the ridge than along the shoreline. Enjoy a fantastic view of Lake Mälaren from the ridge!
Section 1 of the Ekerö–Munsöleden trail passes Huvududden nature reserve. A branch from the main trail leads you out onto the headland.
Activities And Facilities
Skyddat sedan: 1970
Storlek: 35 hektar varav land 31 hektar
Karaktär: barrskog, kulturmiljö, geologisk formation
By foot: Section 1 of the Ekerö–Munsöleden trail passes the reserve. A branch from the main trail leads you out onto the headland.
By public transit: Take a bus from Brommaplan, Stockholm, towards Munsö or Adelsö. The Kärsödrag bus stop is located right next to the reserve entrance. For current information on public transit, see SL.se
By car: Coming from Drottningholm, drive towards Ekerö and Munsö and follow the signs to the reserve. If you're headed for the bird observation tower, take a right towards Skytteholms kursgård before you reach the reserve.
In order to protect the Huvududden nature reserve, please respect the following rules.
Within the reserve, it is forbidden to:
- destroy or damage permanent natural structures or surfaces by digging, drilling, carving, blasting or painting,
- break branches, fell or in any other way damage living or dead trees and bushes, or damage the vegetation in general by digging up plants, such as shrubs, herbaceous plants, mosses or lichens,
- disturb wildlife (e.g. by climbing nesting trees, trapping or killing mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians),
- bring unleashed dogs or cats,
- camp for longer than 24 hours or moor a boat at the same beach for longer than 24 hours,
- make a fire outside of designated sites,
- put up a message board, placard, poster, sign or similar.
Länsstyrelsen i Stockholm