For centuries, oak trees have dominated the landscape around Norra Malma. In the spring, blue and white flowers of pennywort and wood anemone carpet the ground beneath the huge trees. These old trees are full of life— one oak can provide a home for 1,500 species that live within its bark and dead wood. Bats, owls and other birds nest in their cavities.
On the summer nights, listen for the call of the black-throated loon from nearby Lake Erken, the second largest lake in the county. As if the beautiful nature wasn't enough, Norra Malma also has an old grave field with 165 graves. Read more about the reserve on the informational sign by the entrance.
The trails in the reserve are not very well defined but it's still easy to get around. At the lake, there's a beach where you can go for a swim.
Aktivitäten und Einrichtungen
Skyddat sedan: 1955
Storlek: 9 hektar
Karaktär: ekhage, ängs- och betesmark, kulturmiljö
Markägare: Uppsala universitet
Övrigt: Natura 2000 område Norra Malma SE0110123
By car: Take Route 76 towards Svanberga. Turn at the parking lot by the sign "Naturreservat".
By public transit: Take a bus from Norrtälje towards Singö or Hallstavik. Get of at the Norrmalma bus stop. For current information on public transit, see sl.se.
In order to protect the Norra Malma nature reserve, please respect the following rules.
Within the reserve, it is forbidden to:
- destroy or damage rock, soil or stone by drilling, cutting, blasting, carving, digging, painting or similar,
- break branches, fell or in any other way damage living or dead trees and bushes or damage the vegetation in general by digging up plants, such as shrubs, herbaceous plants, mosses or lichens or by removing fungi growing on wood,
- disturb wildlife (e.g. by climbing nesting trees, trapping or killing mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians),
- trap and collect invertebrates,
- bring unleashed dogs,
- make a fire,
- put up a message board, placard, poster, sign or make inscriptions,
- operate motorised vehicles or ride bicycles,
- park outside of designated parking areas or park a motorhome or caravan.
Länsstyrelsen i Stockholm
Logotyp der Organisation