Pinnapå: Lasarettsområdet


0 van 5 sterren — (zie beoordelingen)



Where the bridge over the river Lagan is today, was a popular bathing place in the early 1900s. Not on the Enehagen side because that was too deep, but on the other side where the old hospital was. Here it was shallow and safe to bathe for the whole family.

Värnamo hospital opened in 1923. The old isolation hospital on Vallgatan 1 was built in the same year. The facade is ochre brown rough-cast with white rendered quoins and a curb roof with dormer windows.

“Hope” was the name of the hospital dispensary. The building is located on Lagastigen and was built in 1951, as shown from the year in pattern brickwork on the yellow brick facade.

“Love” was the name of the hospital staff accommodation. The block of flats closest to the bridge at Lagastigen was built in 1952 for orderlies and assistant nurses. When the new hospital opened in 1976, activities relocated here, although long-term care and rehabilitation remained until the mid-1990s.

Get here by public transport

Activiteiten en faciliteiten

  • Cultuur Cultuur


This sign is part of the town history walk “Pinnapå”. The whole route is around 5 km and includes 12 signs. Pinnapå is part of “Värnamo – Tales of Our Town”, a historical exhibition in the cultural centre Gummifabriken, housed in Värnamo’s ancient rubber factory.

The signs are designed by Gro Knutsen and are inspired by spindle-back chairs (pinnstolar), a famous cultural heritage from Värnamo. (Hence the name Pinnapå, which means to walk on at a steady pace.)



Kontaktcenter Värnamo kommun Kyrktorget 1, 331 83 Värnamo Telefon 0370-37 70 00


Kontaktcenter Värnamo kommun

Vragen en antwoorden

Stel een vraag aan andere Naturkartan gebruikers.




Open dit in de app